Saturday, November 16, 2013

Cheesesteak Quesadillas

Last week while planning meals, I asked Sherrie for some suggestions.  She told me that lately her kids only want to eat tacos and spaghetti so she has been coming up with lots of variations on those two things, so she inspired me to change up something that we all love- the Cheesy Chicken Quesadillas.  This recipe combines Philly Cheesesteaks and quesadillas.  YUM

Ingredients:
  • 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
  • 1 Tablespoon A1
  • A Pinch of Montreal Steak Seasoning
  • 1/4 teaspoon of Minced Garlic
  • 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
  • 1 lb of Very Thinly Sliced Beef
  • Butter
  • 8 Burrito Size Flour Tortillas
  • 8 Mushrooms- cut into small pieces
  • A Small Onion cut into small slices
  • 1 Green Pepper cut into small pieces
  • Shredded Cheese- I used a Combination of Pepperjack, Cheddar, and Monterrey Jack
  • Whatever topping you would like- Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Jalepenos, Sour Cream, Ranch Dressing
Serves 4
I combined the Worcestershire Sauce, A1, Montreal Steak Seasoning, and Olive Oil in a small bowl and whisked together.  I place the beef in a ziploc bag and poured the marinade over it and put it in the fridge for about 1/2 hour.  Then I drizzled a little olive oil in a large skillet and  cooked the meat.  My family requested that the ingredients were cooked separately because not everyone likes everything.  Next, I removed the meat- leaving the juices in the skillet.  I then cooked the green peppers.  When the peppers were almost done, I pushed them over to one side of the skillet.  Then I added the onions and 1/2 tablespoon of butter to the other side of the pan.  I stirred them as they sauteed and added another 1/2 tablespoon of butter.  After the onions softened I added the meat back in (to get it hot again) and then the mushrooms with about a tablespoon of butter.  It would have been much easier to cook it all together, but sometimes I have to do things to make the kiddos happy.
Once it is all cooked you can start building the quesadilla.  First you need to lightly butter one side of the tortillas.  Place butter side down in a hot skillet and add beef, onion, mushrooms, peppers, and top with cheese.  Then place another tortilla on top with butter side up.  Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until the tortilla is a golden brown.  Carefully flip and cook the other side.  Cut with pizza cutter and serve HOT!
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  

No comments:

Post a Comment