Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Frankenstein From a Piece of Scrap Wood


Supplies:
  • 2 Large Google Eyes
  • Green Paint
  • Black Felt
  • Tiny Piece of White Felt
  • Craft Wire
  • Black Paint
  • 2 Bolts
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Scissors
  • Paint Brush
  • Scrap Piece of Wood (I used a 1x6 that was 12 inches long)
This was a very easy project to complete.  The most time consuming part was waiting for the paint to dry.  I actually got the piece of wood from the hardwood store for $0.50.  I drilled a hole in each side of "the neck" that was slightly smaller than the bolt.  I painted all sides of the board.  I used two different colors of green paint to get the color that I wanted.  While the paint was drying I cut the felt hair and eyebrows and cut the wire for the stitches .  Once the paint was dry I attached the eyes, hair, eyebrows, and bolts with a hot glue gun.  The stitches around the head were a little tricky at first, but once I figured out how to best attach them I was good to go.  I wrapped the wire all the way around the piece of wood and twisted the ends together to keep it in place.  Then I glued the stitch pieces on top of that wire.  Then I used black paint for the nose and mouth.  I also rubbed a little black paint on my fingers and placed on the bolts and various placed on the face to make it look worn/dirty.  Last I attached the small (tooth) piece of felt.  

Check out what else I made with wood
2x4 Pumpkins
Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.  



No comments:

Post a Comment