Sunday, September 29, 2013

Chicken Corn Chowder

                If you want more magical mom stuff, please like us on Facebook here!

I know that Sherrie made a corn chowder last week that her husband absolutely LOVED, my husband is a little skeptical of it because he has never had it before (and neither have I) but what's not to love... bacon, chicken, corn, potato... It all sounds good to me!  My mother-in-law has been asking me to make it for awhile and she saw Sherrie's Recipe (because she is a devoted Magical Mom follower) and said that this was the one she wanted to try.  Sherrie included lots of tips and tricks in her recipe that I used. The biggest difference is that I am adding chicken to mine.  We had our Slow Cooker 8 Spice Lemon Chicken earlier this week and there is some left over so I figured it would be the perfect time to try Sherrie's recipe.


Ingredients:
  • About 1 1/2 Cups of Rotisserie Chicken (shredded)
  • 4 Slices of Bacon (cooked and chopped)
  • 1 Small Sweet Onion (finely diced)
  • Olive Oil
  • 4 Idaho Potatoes (peeled)
  • 1 Can of Cream Corn
  • 1 Can of Cream of Chicken Soup
  • 1 Cube Chicken Bouillon
  • 1 teaspoon Cajun Seasoning
  • 3 Cups of Milk (I used 1%)
  • 1 Cup of Water
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
Serves 6+

In a large pot drizzle a little bit of olive oil and heat.  Add onion and cook until they start to become soft.  Peel potatoes.  I took Sherrie's advice and quartered them and placed them in my Pampered Chef Manual Food Processor to chop them very small.  The smaller pieces allow for the soup to cook quicker and gives a great consistency to the soup.

Shred the chicken.
Add bacon, cream corn, cream of chicken soup, potatoes, chicken, bouillon cube, and cajun seasoning.  Stir to combine.
Pour in milk and water and stir.  Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally.  When soup is heated through reduce to low and simmer for about 30 minutes stirring often.

No comments:

Post a Comment