Thursday, August 15, 2013

Steak Oscar with Asparagus

I am sure that my father-in-law thinks that I named this dish after him and it would actually be quite fitting.  For those of you who know him, you will understand.  (Please don't tell him I said that)  I have no idea how this combination earned this name but I see no point in trying to change it.  This is a great meal to celebrate a special occasion.  This can be made at home for less than half the cost as at a restaurant and I promise it will taste just as delicious!



Ingredients:
  • 1 lb of Fresh Asparagus (steamed)
  • 1/4 lb of Fresh Crab Meat
  • 2 Tablespoons of butter
  • 1 Tablespoon of Lemon Juice
  • 4 Beef Tenderloin Steaks
  • 1/8 teaspoon Paprika 
Hollandaise Sauce
  • 6 Tablespoons of unsalted butter (melted)
  • 2 Large Egg Yolks at room temperature
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons of Fresh Lemon Juice
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • A pinch of Cayenne Pepper
Serves 4

I lightly seasoned the tenderloins with steak seasoning and grilled them to medium.  
After I brought the steaks in from the grill I covered them loosely with foil and let them rest for just a few minutes.

Melt the butter in a skillet and add crab meat.  Cook until crab meat is heated all the way through.  Add lemon juice and toss to coat.
In the jar of a blender place egg yokes, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and cayenne.  Blend for 15 seconds.  With the blender running slowly pour the hot melted butter into the blender and blend for an additional 30 seconds.  The sauce will thicken.  You can leave sauce in blender at room temp for up to an hour.  If it gets too thick standing at up to a tablespoon of HOT water and blend for a few seconds to thin it out a tiny bit.
Top tenderloin with 1/4 of crab meat and asparagus.  Drizzle hollandaise sauce over it and ENJOY!!!!

This recipe was featured on the Magical Moms' July Menu.  Be sure to check out all of our monthly menus

No comments:

Post a Comment