Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Grilled Zucchini Flats

When I first started dating my husband, he didn't eat anything green other than green beans.  He now eats all kinds of green veggies (I am so proud of him).  One of his favorites is zucchini.  I used to only make it one way but the blog has made me experiment a little.  Since I got this fabulous cast iron square grill pan for Mother's Day, this might be MY new favorite way to eat it.  You can also cook these outside on the grill just make sure you wipe a little oil on the grate so they don't stick or use non-stick foil.

Ingredients:
  • Zucchini
  • About a Tablespoons of Olive Oil
  • A few dashes of Garlic Powder
  • A pinch of Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
  • Salt
  • Pepper
  • Fresh Grated Parmesan 
Using a potato peeler, peel off most of the skin.  Then cut zucchini lengthwise in pieces about 1/2 inch thick.
Heat skillet.  Salt and pepper both sides of the zucchini, sprinkle with a LITTLE garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes.  Drizzle both sides with olive oil.  Cook for 3-4 minutes on each side or until desired consistency.  Cook less for crisper zucchini.  I like mine fork tender, but not mushy.  Serve immediately.  I like to top mine with a little bit of fresh grated Parmesan but it is good without too.
This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment