Thursday, May 30, 2013

The EASIEST Corn Salsa you will EVER make!

I used to think that I didn't like salsa because I didn't care for tomatoes or onions.  One day I decided to run a jar of salsa through the food processor to see if I would like it better.  It was amazing.  I got all of the great flavors but I didn't have to pick around the big chunks.  I have grown up a little bit and like the ingredients a little more, but I still prefer a more blended salsa.  Every time I go to Chipotle I want to get the corn salsa on my burrito bowl but I can't get passed the onions.  I love the sweetness that the corn adds to the burrito so I decided to come up with something on my own.
  Ingredients:
  • 2 Ears of Corn (you could use a can of corn, but in my book fresh is definitely the way to go plus it is in season right now!)
  • 1 Can of Rotel Cilantro Lime Tomatoes
  • Fresh Cilantro (to taste)
  • 1/2 Can of Black Beans (optional, I don't usually add them but I might next time)
Cook the corn and let cool.  I usually boil it and cut it off the cob after it has cooled, but you can grill it or use your favorite cooking method.

Process the can of Rotel tomatoes and the cilantro in the food processor until desired consistency.
Just in case you need a visual to see what kind of tomatoes I used

 Place tomato mixture and corn in a bowl and mix together.  You can serve immediately or keep in refrigerator until ready to eat.  This is perfect with tortilla chips, but is AWESOME with Barbacoa Tacos!

This recipe was featured on the Magical Moms' July Menu.  Be sure to check out all of our monthly menus

Lots of AMAZING recipes on the Magical Moms' June MenuMarvelous May MenuAppetizing April Menu, and March Madness Menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment