Tuesday, April 9, 2013

The Bread by Pioneer Woman

This recipe is from the Pioneer Woman's website. The Bread is a staple menu item for her.  The first time I made it I had a VERY hard time committing to using that much butter, but with a little convincing from my Mother-in-Law and Sherrie I gave into the peer pressure.  When my husband and Father-in-law saw this come out of the oven, they asked me why I was serving them burnt toast.  But after they took one bite they were amazed by the flavor.  They could not believe that it was just bread and butter!

Ingredients:
  • Loaf of French bread- sliced in half lengthwise 
  • 2 sticks of salted butter (I think you can adjust it depending on the size of your loaf of bread, just make sure you use at least twice the amount of butter that you think is appropriate;)


Preheat oven to 350.  Spread one stick of butter on each half loaf of bread.  Next, Place the bread on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.  Last turn on the Broiler and broil bread for additional 3-4 minutes.  It is very important to keep your eye on the bread the whole time (trust me I walked away once and it was not a pretty sight or sound).  Remove the bread from the oven when it has begun to brown and blacken.  Make sure you don't under broil it.  The key to the flavor is to make sure the butter is cooked.  Slice and serve right away

This recipe was featured on our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu, Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on this month's menu!

No comments:

Post a Comment