Monday, April 29, 2013

Cinnamon Stick Sweet Potatoes

The Lewis Family just recently started eating more sweet potatoes.  We always have regular potatoes on hand so I often just go to those for a side dish.  My favorite thing to do with Sweet Potatoes is Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Cinnamon Honey Mustard Dipping Sauce, but this one is a close second.  I don't list the exact amount of butter and brown sugar that I use because everyone's taste is different.  And frankly I am not sure I want to admit how much I add to mine!

 Ingredients:
  • 2 Large Sweet Potatoes
  • 4 Cinnamon Sticks
  • Butter
  • All Spice
  • Brown Sugar
  • Aluminum Foil
 Clean the outside of the sweet potato and cut in half lengthwise.  I usually serve each person 1/2 of a potato.
Preheat oven to 400.  Place potato on aluminum foil.  Next, top sweet potato with a couple tablespoons of brown sugar and a couple tablespoons of butter.  This amount fluctuates at our house depending on how sweet I feel at the moment :) Place a cinnamon stick on top and add a few dashes of all spice.  Close foil around potato and place on rack in oven.
 Bake for about 40 minutes
 Remove the Sweet Potato from the foil and pour all of the buttery, sugary, cinnamon goodness over top!



No comments:

Post a Comment