Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Magical Mom's March Menu Madness


Now there is a tongue twister for you!  Every month I put together a menu for the following month.  It really helps me to stay organized.  I know that if I don't have something planned, we will spend way too much time (and money) trying to figure out what to have for dinner only to order take out of some sort.  Putting the menu together helps me keep track of how often we have something, but most importantly it helps me make my weekly grocery shopping list.  I challenge myself to put one new recipe in each week.  I use my friends, family, other blogs, cook books for inspiration.  Sherrie and I often bounce things off of each other.  I love that she can try a new recipe and tell me what she would do differently and vice versa.  I also like to add in a few things that I can make double of and freeze it to use for lunches, later in the month, or the following month.  I will explain my freezer cooking and preparation later.  First I gather all of my supplies to the kitchen island. I have two good old fashioned recipe boxes, a couple of cookbooks (including the latest from The Chew), my ipad, and a file folder with previous menus and ideas.  The second thing I do is ask my family for requests.  Next, I break down the main dishes into categories: Beef, Poultry, Pork, Fish, and Pasta.  Since I usually get only a few requests from my very indecisive family(another reason the menu is a must!) , I have to look back at previous menus, search the internet, talk to Sherrie (of course), and inevitably there are always a couple of things that I don't make from the prior month's menu because of scouts, sports, or other commitments.  Lastly, I just start filling in trying to make sure that like menu items are spaced apart enough.
I have included links to most of the recipes.  I will try to get caught up with the older ones and I will definitely add in the new ones along the way!
March 2013
Sunday
Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
1
2





Two- Step Perogies and onions,
Caesar Salad
Sautéed Mushrooms,
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
Puff & Stuff Chicken,
Steamed Broccoli

Aunt Betty’s Chicken Noodle Soup,
Ham and Cheese Calzone x2 to Freeze)
Crab Cakes,


Best Darn Pork BBQ,
Connie's Coleslaw
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
Simple Slow Cooker Mac and Cheese
Lazy Lasagna (x2 to Freeze),
Garlic Bread

Veggies and Dip
Grilled Chicken,
Crispy Parmesan Potatoes,
Rosemary pull apart bread

17
18
19
20
21
22
23
Cindy’s Baked Spaghetti,
Salad
Corn
Mushroom Swiss Burgers,
Garlic Herb Potato Wedges
Salad
Family Movie Night
Cheese Pizza,

24
25
26
27

28
29
30
Cucumber Salad
Maple Dijon Chicken,
Steamed Broccoli

Carrots,
Mashed Potatoes
Cheesecake Factory Shrimp Scampi Pasta
Broccoli Cheese Soup
31 Easter





Brunch Menu Still to be Determined.
Turkey Breast,






Follow the Magical Moms on Facebook and Pinterest for weekly menu ideas, crafts, and Disney Magic.

No comments:

Post a Comment