Monday, February 25, 2013

Grandma's Green Beans

 I had made a big breakfast for my family this morning and there was a couple of pieces of bacon left over so I decided to throw them in the fridge until dinner time to make these Green Beans.  I have only ever made this dish for a large group, but I am going to scale it back a lot so that I can make it for just my family.  This sweet and salty side dish goes great with just about anything, especially BBQ!
Ingredients:
  • 1 can French style green beans (drained)

  • 2 slices of bacon 

  • 1 1/4 teaspoons Soy Sauce

  • 1 Tablespoon Brown Sugar

  • 1/4 Teaspoon Garlic Salt

  • 1 Tablespoon Butter




Preheat oven to 350.  I usually make these when I already have the oven on for something else so I just throw them in at whatever temp the oven is already set to. Combine all ingredients in an oven safe bowl and bake for about 20 minutes stirring them halfway through.  

I served them with the Maple Dijon Chicken and Broccoli and Cheese Rice (recipe to come soon!)

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness and our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu.  Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes the menus!

Green Beans are a family favorite veggie so I make them often...


No comments:

Post a Comment