Thursday, February 28, 2013

Five Reasons I know that My Husband Secretly Loves Disney


5.  He understands all the terminology.  He knows all of the basics like Table Service VS Quick Service, Park Hopper, Snack Credits,  the different modes of transportation, and the different types of resorts.  I am proud of him, he knows what rides are at which parks and the names of the shows and parades.  He hasn't quite grasped all of the abbreviations that Sherrie and I use, but I am sure he will soon.
4.  He owns a Perry the Platypus Pillow Pet.  Our boys LOVE Phineas and Ferb so my husband and I watch it WAY more than we would like to.  The show is adorable and we definitely reference it often.    He bought the Pillow Pet on our last vacation and when he brought it up to the cashier I assumed he was buying it for one of the boys and I questioned why he was buying only one.  He looked at me funny and said "this is for me."  I just laughed.
3.  He owns more than one Disney t-shirt.  By more than one I mean two and by Disney I really mean Star Wars.  I am sure that if I asked him to wear matching family shirts he would, but we will just save that for the kids.


2.  He lets me start planning our next trip as soon as we get home.  He understands the time and effort that goes into planning a Disney Vacation.  He knows the time line of booking the resort and Advanced Dining reservations will sneak up on you quickly.  I love that he realizes how important is to have a Park Plan (that is subject to my changes at any moment:) and lets me spend hours working with Sherrie to develop it.  But most importantly we know that in order to make these magical vacations possible we need to work them into our budget and save money for them.
1.  We own a Disney Vacation Club membership.   A few years ago a Disney vacation deal came about that I just could not pass up.  My husband, on the other hand, could not get the time off work and had to stay home.  So my cousin, myself, and our kids hopped in the SUV and headed to Disney World.  We all had such an amazing time.  Apparently our stories, pictures, and videos were enough to convince my husband it was a place we would want to spend our family vacations for years to come because less than six months later we became proud owners of our own little piece of the MAGIC.

My list could go on and on, but I wanted to keep it short.  I could go on about his love for Hidden Mickeys, Pin Trading, and Mickey shaped pretzels but I will save it for another day.  I am lucky to have a husband that appreciates the MAGIC as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment