Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Mouth Watering Pot Roast

For dinner tonight, I am making my husband's favorite- Mouth Watering Pot Roast. I actually think the recipe title is Mississippi Pot Roast, but we call it mouth watering because the flavor is so good our mouths actually water when we think about it!

The best thing about this roast is that it's super easy and since you make it in the slow cooker, you can make it in the morning and forget about it until dinner. You can use a lot of substitutions as well, in fact I'm using one today because I do not have one of the ingredients.


Ingredient List:

  • 1.5/2 lb. Chuck Roast
  • 1 packet ranch dressing mix
  • 1 packet Au Jus (I am out of the Au Jus so I'm substituting for 4 cubes of beef bouillon)
  •  3/4 stick of butter (adjust this according to your taste, original recipe calls for entire stick)
  •  4 pepperoncinis

One of the most important things I would like to point out is that you DO NOT add any water or broth to this. The beef drippings and butter create enough.

Directions:

1. Put chuck roast in slow cooker
2. Empty ranch packet then Au Jus (or in this case bouillon cubes) on top of beef
3. Put butter on top
4. Place each pepper around the butter
5. Cook on low 6-7 hours until meet is tender.


That's it! I'm going to serve with Parmesan Potatoes and will post that recipe next. I like to serve this dish with any kind of potatoes because it makes this delicious gravy that goes great on potatoes. enjoy!

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness and our Appetizing April Menu.  Check out the menus and try out some of our other YUMMY recipes!

3 comments:

  1. My favorite meal, hands own. The creamy buttery goodness with the tang.of the peppercini's. when are eating this againPlease!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added a little more than a tablespoon of cornstarch to the liquid in the crock pot to create a MOUTH WATERING Gravy!

    ReplyDelete