Thursday, January 24, 2013

Maple Dijon Chicken

Maple Dijon Chicken Last night’s dinner must have been good because there were no leftovers today for my lunch! I tried something new- Maple Dijon Chicken. I made a few variations to the original recipe and I think it turned out great! My Father-in-law (who likes to give his “feedback” about everyone’s cooking) said that he LOVED it!
Ingredients:

  • 6-8 Chicken Thighs ( I used Boneless/Skinless)
  • ½ cup Dijon Mustard
  • ¼ cup Maple Syrup (I used Breakfast Syrup)
  • 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar
  • Fresh Rosemary (I didn't have any on hand so I used dried)

Preheat oven to 450. Combine Dijon Mustard, Maple Syrup, and Rice Vinegar together in a bowl. Arrange chicken in 8X8 baking dish.
Salt and pepper the chicken to your taste and then poor the mixture on top.
Cover baking dish with foil and bake at 450 degrees for 40 minutes. Baste the chicken with the liquid in the baking dish after 20 minutes. To make sure that chicken is cooked all the way through, you can use a meat thermometer. Chicken should be cooked to 165 degrees.
I am sorry that I don't have a picture of the finished dish, but it smelled so good that we gobbled it up as soon as it came out of the oven! Oh and I forgot to sprinkle the rosemary on it. Ooops!
I served this chicken with Flattened Redskin Potatoes, Loaded Potato Dip, and Steamed Broccoli.

This recipe was featured in Two Magical Moms March Menu Madness and our 30 Days of Dinners June Menu. Make sure to check out all of the other great recipes on the menus!

1 comment:

  1. We made this for dinner tonight and everyone, even the 18 month old, loved it! Thank you for posting this quick, easy, recipe! Can't wait to try out other recipes you post. :)

    ReplyDelete